Michael asked me to make some oatmeal cookies for him last night.
He doesn’t ask for anything very often...so I baked cookies this morning.
His favorite oatmeal cookies with lots of raisins, cinnamon and chunks of walnuts are waiting for him now...
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 - 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 -1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1- 1/2 cups butter (I used a combination of butter and coconut oil)
- Cream this mixture with your mixer
- Combine the following and add to the creamed mixture
- 2 -1/3 c flour ( I used self rising because I was out of plain)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 -1/2 c. raisins
- 1 or more cups of walnuts
- Bake for about ten minutes being careful not to overbake and let cool on a wire rack...these freeze well
I thought I’d show you my little thrifted finds here...
I’ve enjoyed this little kitchen towel so much...it is cross stitched and has a little ruffle on the bottom...I think it cost $.99
My little heart goes pitter patter everytime I look at this vintage red aluminum pitcher...I love it and it was in mint condition...it cost $.50
I also purchased this cute little Pfaltzgraff honey jar recently (it was brand new)...it was pricey!!! about $5
My cute little bird plates came from TJ Maxx...I bought four of them...they were four dollars each ...
I had a tough time getting a good photo of these plates!!! sorry...
Have a beautiful weekend peeps!!!
Linking up @ Bargain Hunting With Laurie